
Roman Reigns has once again shut down rumors of an immediate WWE retirement, even as his Hollywood career continues to grow.
In a recent interview with Nico Leonard, the current World Heavyweight Champion said he still feels he has plenty to offer inside the company. Reigns said he’s “almost there, but not yet,” noting that at 40, sports science and WWE’s current structure allow his career to be extended.
The comment shifts tone from what he told Vanity Fair in 2025, when he admitted he was closer to the end than the beginning and indicated his contract would end after WrestleMania 42. However, according to Mike Johnson of PWInsider, any contractual situation for Reigns has already been resolved internally, with WWE staying silent only to fuel speculation.
Reigns’ growth outside the ring is also real. He will be in the new Street Fighter movie, playing Akuma, alongside Cody Rhodes, who will play Guile. The film is scheduled to premiere on October 16.
As for his health, Reigns was diagnosed with chronic myeloid leukemia at 22, had the disease return in 2018, and announced a new remission in February 2019. So far, however, there is no official indication that this will take him out of WWE in 2026.
Reigns defeated CM Punk at WrestleMania 42, winning the World Heavyweight Championship. So for now at least, the OTC remains at the center of WWE.