WWE

New Details Emerge on Ludwig Kaiser’s Arrest

Ludwig Kaiser arrest update with new details on the alleged April incident and AAA match status.

New Details Emerge on Ludwig Kaiser’s Arrest
Add as a preferred source on Google

As previously reported, Ludwig Kaiser, who currently portrays El Grande Americano in WWE and AAA, was reportedly arrested on Wednesday, May 20. New details have now surfaced, clarifying the date of the alleged incident and more about what happened.

The incident originally took place on April 23 at the apartment complex in Orlando where Marcel Barthel lives. According to F4W/WON, the alleged victim is another resident of the building.

Per the arrest warrant, the man said he entered an elevator with Kaiser and a woman. After getting off on the 12th floor, he allegedly told the couple to “have some manners.”

According to the document, that comment sparked the confrontation. The alleged victim accused Kaiser of attacking him outside the elevator, claiming he was punched, shoved, and threatened with further violence.

Kaiser learned of the arrest warrant on May 19 while he was in Mexico for WWE/AAA commitments. He returned to Orlando, turned himself in to authorities the following day, and was released after posting $1,000 bond.

The defense filed a written not guilty plea and also requested permission for Barthel to continue traveling both inside and outside the United States. In the motion, his attorneys said he has no criminal history and needs to travel in order to keep working.

Kaiser is currently advertised to face Chad Gable in a Mask vs. Mask match at AAA’s Noche de Los Grandes on May 30 in Monterrey.

As of now, WWE and AAA have not announced any change to the match.