
Adam Copeland has no plans to go back to WWE. The 52-year-old reigning AEW World Tag Team Champion says he intends to wrestle his final matches with Tony Khan’s promotion.
Appearing on Tuesday’s episode of The Ariel Helwani Show, Copeland was asked point-blank whether he plans to retire in AEW. He didn’t hesitate.
“Yes. That’s where I want to retire. And I know that may disappoint a lot of people, but I love it there.
I love the company. I love the attitude. I love the exuberance. I love the drive. I love the excitement that I see from the locker room.
I don’t want to go anywhere else. I’m good. I did everything I could do there [WWE] and then some. And I think they got everything out of me and then some that they could have.”
Despite the definitive tone, there’s no retirement date on the calendar. Copeland said his contract was originally set to expire around October, but time missed due to his broken leg and filming commitments for The Beekeeper 2 and Percy Jackson added time to the deal.
Back in June, Copeland had already indicated he was in no rush to call it a career. He told CBS Sports at the time that roughly 95% of the matches he still wants in AEW remained available, naming opponents such as Will Ospreay, Samoa Joe, Swerve Strickland, Kyle Fletcher, and “Hangman” Adam Page.
Copeland has been with AEW since WrestleDream on October 1, 2023. He and Christian Cage currently hold the AEW World Tag Team Championship after defeating FTR at Double or Nothing on May 24.
Their next title defense is set for All In on August 30 at Wembley Stadium, where they’ll put the titles on the line against The Young Bucks.