
Baron Corbin could be very close to returning to WWE after nearly a year and a half away from the company.
According to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio, WWE has been having serious talks about bringing Corbin back. Meltzer said he has not received official confirmation that a deal is done, but noted that the wrestler’s name has been heavily discussed backstage.
Meltzer also raised the possibility that Corbin could be connected to the current storyline involving Danhausen on Friday Night SmackDown. Last week, Danhausen once again teased something “bigger” happening soon, which could point to the arrival of a new name.
Corbin left WWE in November 2024 after the company chose not to renew his contract. Since then, he has been wrestling as Bishop Dyer, adopting a new identity outside the company. In an interview with Chris Van Vliet, he said that “the door never closes” when it comes to WWE.
Outside the company, Dyer has had a few notable moments. Alongside Donovan Dijak, he formed the Skyscrapers and won the MLW World Tag Team Championship in June 2025 by defeating Magnus and Rugido.
He also wrestled a dark match in AEW in January of this year before an episode of Dynamite in Orlando, teaming with Martin Stone and Better Together.
So far, WWE has not confirmed Corbin’s return. However, if talks move forward, Danhausen could end up being the entry point for a very unexpected return to SmackDown.