WWE

Lola Vice Shares Cryptic Post Amid Rumors About Her WWE Future

Former NXT Women's Champion Lola Vice posts cryptic social media tease as call-up to WWE's main roster looms.

Lola Vice Shares Cryptic Post Amid Rumors About Her WWE Future

Lola Vice appears closer than ever to wrapping up her NXT run and making the jump to WWE‘s main roster. On Sunday, the former NXT Women’s Champion posted a simple image on social media, once again fueling rumors about what’s next.

“Loading…”

The post didn’t come out of nowhere. In late July, Bryan Alvarez of the Wrestling Observer reported that Vice had already received her call-up, with Friday Night SmackDown identified as the most likely landing spot.

Vice all but said goodbye to NXT on August 4, dropping the NXT Women’s Championship to Kendal Grey in an Underground Match. It was her first loss under that stipulation after four consecutive wins.

After the show went off the air, Vice thanked the fans at the Performance Center and left her gloves in the ring. Damian Priest made a surprise appearance to embrace her before her farewell speech.

There were signs on the AAA side as well. Vice and Mr. Iguana lost the AAA World Mixed Tag Team Championship to La Hiedra and Laredo Kid shortly before the call-up reports surfaced. She later said goodbye to the Mexican promotion altogether.

On top of all that, WWE has filed a trademark for “Vice City” in connection with pro wrestling and entertainment, a term directly tied to Vice’s character throughout her NXT run.